The primary objective of a claims handler is to record and oversee claims from first notification to settlement, dealing with customers and 3rd party insurers over the telephone, processing insurance claims and inputting onto the computer system, to provide hire vehicles for drivers involved in non-fault accidents, computer and administration work.
PRINCIPLE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Log information on calls, emails & faxes received, where required and maintain detailed and accurate records.
• Organising of hire of vehicles, and evaluating if cross hires required.
• To update records as claim progresses; to oversee claims from first notification to settlement.
• Liaise with clients as necessary, to ensure all third party correspondence is forwarded to insurers.
• To liaise with Third Parties.
• To record claims and forward immediately to insurers and/or uninsured loss recovery agents.
• File data and perform other routine clerical tasks.
• Communicate and liaise verbally and in writing between clients/suppliers/visitors/enquirers and relevant staff.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors and the general public.
Potential candidates will have previous claims experience or have experience working in a fast paced customer service role.
Necessary skills required of the successful candidate are:
– Strong communication and customer service skills
– Ability to accurately record information obtained
– Ability to problem solve
– Ability to understand and follow and written guidelines
– Ability to work as part of a team
– Ability to prioritise tasks
– Computer literate – ability to use case management software and spreadsheets
Starting salary £16,575K. 3 or 6 month pay review providing KPI’s/performance levels have been met. Candidates will be eligible to join the Company bonus scheme following a short probation period.
The hours of work are 40.50 weekly, working 0900-1730 Monday to Friday.
We want to make finding and applying for a role with us as quick and easy as possible. Simply email your CV to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond within 1 working day.
This vacancy is being filled exclusively through Emmerson-Ross, acting as an employment agency. Any direct application will unfortunately be disregarded.
Sales & Customer Services Advisor This is a fantastic opportunity for a career driven sales or customer service professional to...Apply For This Job
Sales Advisor (existing B2B Clients) – no cold calling! The role will involve regular contact with customers over the phone....Apply For This Job
Publications & Content Editor This is a fantastic opportunity for a career driven Publications & Content Editor to join an...Apply For This Job
Membership Services Coordinator (Education/Training) This is a fantastic opportunity for a career driven customer service and administrative professional to...Apply For This Job
Customer Services/Sales Support Administrator – Ashburton This is a fantastic opportunity for a career driven customer service professional to join...Apply For This Job