The primary objective of a claims handler is to record and oversee claims from first notification to settlement, dealing with customers and 3rd party insurers over the telephone, processing insurance claims and inputting onto the computer system, to provide hire vehicles for drivers involved in non-fault accidents, computer and administration work.
PRINCIPLE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Log information on calls, emails & faxes received, where required and maintain detailed and accurate records.
• Organising of hire of vehicles, and evaluating if cross hires required.
• To update records as claim progresses; to oversee claims from first notification to settlement.
• Liaise with clients as necessary, to ensure all third party correspondence is forwarded to insurers.
• To liaise with Third Parties.
• To record claims and forward immediately to insurers and/or uninsured loss recovery agents.
• File data and perform other routine clerical tasks.
• Communicate and liaise verbally and in writing between clients/suppliers/visitors/enquirers and relevant staff.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors and the general public.
Potential candidates will have previous claims experience or have experience working in a fast paced customer service role.
Necessary skills required of the successful candidate are:
– Strong communication and customer service skills
– Ability to accurately record information obtained
– Ability to problem solve
– Ability to understand and follow and written guidelines
– Ability to work as part of a team
– Ability to prioritise tasks
– Computer literate – ability to use case management software and spreadsheets
Starting salary £16,575K. 3 or 6 month pay review providing KPI’s/performance levels have been met. Candidates will be eligible to join the Company bonus scheme following a short probation period.
The hours of work are 40.50 weekly, working 0900-1730 Monday to Friday.
We want to make finding and applying for a role with us as quick and easy as possible. Simply email your CV to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond within 1 working day.
This vacancy is being filled exclusively through Emmerson-Ross, acting as an employment agency. Any direct application will unfortunately be disregarded.
Business Development Coordinator (Education) Why you will love working for us? Excellent opportunity to join an exciting high growth...Apply For This Job
Commercial and Personal Lines Account Handler Job Purpose To provide first class service and support to our Personal and...Apply For This Job
Training Operations Assistant required for exciting high growth business Part time, permanent 9.30am-2.30pm Monday to Friday Why you will love...Apply For This Job
Business Development Manager Why you will LOVE working for us? Excellent opportunity to develop a career with a successful...Apply For This Job