This is a fantastic opportunity for a web developer to join our team of highly skilled (& helpful) professionals. Our business is always evolving, always developing and because we rely so much on our IT infrastructure our small IT function is at the centre of what goes on.
The role has many interesting and important programming challenges and sometimes under some pressure. The small IT team work together to deliver good solutions for the business.
If you want to apply your mind to problem-solving; we have lots of problems for you to solve; be it system development or maintaining what’s already here. Our business has been a top business list provider since 1992, the IT needs of our business growing with the increasing demands placed on our network and systems.
The role involves helping others do their jobs, and ultimately helping our business serve the market for accurate, up to date and WELL selected business lists.
From the day you join you will start by learning everything you can about how we do what we do. You’ll be seeing our systems, how they have been engineered, how they work and seeing what they are supposed to do. You’ll then get to know the users and all the things they can do to break them!
Lots to learn but you’ll get lots of help to ensure you progress.
Things you need:
• Programming knowledge:
Things we would like but you don’t NEED:
• SysAdmin knowledge.
• Some evidence or being able to talk us through how you can and have learnt from others and developed solutions of your own.
• Show us how you listen, read and interpret project needs and then do something meaningful and useful.
• An ability to manage your own work schedule and do what you need to do when it is needed by.
• Thinking creatively to produce sound solutions (that work and don’t take too long to do).
• We are a business so the ability to quickly pick up why we do what we do and how it results in profit would be very useful.
• Competitive salary depending on experience.
• Employee development – training provided as well as continued support.
• Workplace pension.
• Healthcare package.
• 40 hours per week Monday to Friday – no weekends or evenings.
• Located in Teignmouth, close to the beach and other facilities.
To apply for this position:
We are outsourcing this role to our recruitment partner; Emmerson Ross in Torquay. Please contact Graeme Ross: email@example.com, 01803 618 888