Emmerson-Ross Recruitment is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. The Policy is written in accordance with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and describes the types of Personal Data we collect, how we use it, with whom we share it, and the rights of and choices available to you regarding our use of your information.
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
Emmerson-Ross Recruitment operates as an Employment Agency which introduces candidates to client employers for direct employment by those clients. We collect Personal Data about you through job applications; through our website [http://www.erjobs.co.uk] and social media channels; and through phone and e-mail, and process this data as necessary to provide the services you have requested. Any data requested will be used for recruitment purposes only.
We may collect and process the following Personal Data about you:
• Contact information such as: your name; e-mail address; phone number(s); postal address; and social media accounts.
• Information contained in your C.V. or resume.
• Information you provide regarding your career interests, and other information about your qualifications for employment.
• If you attend an interview with Emmerson-Ross Recruitment, we may collect and process additional Personal Data about you:
o Information contained in your application form such as: education & qualifications; employment history; details of referees; National Insurance number; nationality; details of criminal offences; details of driving offences; and general interests & hobbies.
o Results of skills tests administered through isv.com.
o Additional information which would be relevant to your job search. This may include, but not limited to: proof of identity documents; right to work documents; copy of drivers licence; copy of certificates and/or qualifications; samples of work/presentations etc.; and employer references.
• We will ask your consent to process Sensitive Personal Data. We collect and process sensitive information as necessary and in compliance with all applicable legislation.
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
• If you have registered your C.V. for consideration by our Recruitment Consultants for positions as they come up: for further contact about future roles; for the purpose of assessing your suitability, qualifications and skills; to match your details with job vacancies; to answer your enquiries; to subscribe to job alerts (optional); and to maintain our business relationship.
• If you have applied for a specific advertised job: for further contact about the role; the administration of your application; to administer skills tests; for the purpose of assessing your suitability, qualifications and skills; to submit your C.V. and personal data to the prospective or intended employer; to answer your enquiries; to process your references in the final stages of the recruitment process; to fulfil contractual obligations with prospective or intended employers; to subscribe to job alerts (optional); and to maintain our business relationship.
Please note you will need to provide your consent (positive Opt-in) if you wish your data to be used for the purpose of finding you alternative and/or future roles i.e. other than the role you applied for.
DO WE PASS DATA TO THIRD PARTIES
Access to your Personal Data is only provided to our staff and where necessary we may pass your Personal Data to third parties for reasons set out below:
• To prospective or intended employers (or third parties assisting them in the recruitment process) or customers for the purpose of recruitment. C.V. submissions to employers will be for a valid and specific role, which will be agreed by you prior to being submitted on your behalf.
• Verification of the details you have provided from third party sources.
• To process your references in the final stages of the recruitment process.
• To third parties who perform functions on our behalf and who also provide services to us.
• We may also release personal information to regulatory or law enforcement agencies, if they require us to do so. We will also disclose your information where we are permitted and requested to do so by law.
HOW LONG WE STORE YOUR DATA
Emmerson-Ross will store your data for up to 12 months. You have the “right to be forgotten”, this means you can request us to delete and stop processing your Personal Data at any time. Any request should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org detailing your full name and email address, and will be actioned within 1 month. This means that all the data we hold on you (both in hard copy format and/or electronically) will be permanently removed. Please note doing so will withdraw all active applications.
ACCESSING AND UPDATING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You are entitled to view and retrieve the Personal Data we hold about you and/or update and rectify any missing or incorrect information we have stored on you. If you wish to do this, please contact us at email@example.com.
Any request will be actioned within 1 month.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR DATA
Your Personal Data (to include: contact information; C.V.; application form; employer references; and additional information which would be relevant to your job search) will be stored on a data storage system [Outlook], in spreadsheets [Excel], and/or in hard copy within a manual filing system, which is accessible by Emmerson-Ross Recruitment employees.
Results of skills tests will be stored on a data storage system and with isv.online [https://www.isv.online/] to include: your name; and e-mail address.
If you subscribe to our e-mail marketing list (positive Opt-in required), your name; and e-mail address will be stored with MailChimp [https://mailchimp.com/]
YOUR RIGHTS & CHOICES
You will need to complete a separate document (ERGDPRCandidateConsent) freely giving your consent and preferences in connection with the Personal Data we collect about you, how we use it, with whom we share it, and how we communicate with you. A copy of this document will be emailed to you as part of the registration process.
You have a right to complain to the ICO [https://ico.org.uk/] if you think there is a problem with the way we are handling your data.
COMPLETE YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES CONSENT FORM BY CLICKING HERE
The White House